If you are good with your hands and you have experience with home renovations, you might consider a do-it-yourself project to replace your windows. But you need to understand the potential consequences of handling your installation without a professional to help. Even though it might seem like a simple solution to install new windows yourself, there are many benefits that you will miss if you don’t have a professional installation done.
Problems with Do-It-Yourself Window Installation
Most homeowners in Brookfield are motivated to save money, which is why they consider the option to skip a professional installation. Up front, the numbers might look good to reduce your costs, but homeowners often run into problems that negate the cost savings of a DIY project. Here are a few common problems you might encounter:
- Wrong Windows: Without advice from an expert, you might make a mistake and buy the wrong types of windows. Or, the measurements could be incorrect and your new replacement windows won’t fit.
- Limited Options: Another drawback to DIY window installation is that you have limited options for the materials you can buy. Big box stores don’t offer the variety available from a window contractor. The windows that come from a local big box store are commonly made from low-quality materials. Be aware that the lower price means you sacrifice quality and durability.
- Voided Warranty: Did you know that a do-it-yourself installation could void the warranty from the window manufacturer? Many manufacturers in the industry require professional installation if you want them to stand behind the quality of their product. Poor installation can have a negative impact on the durability and performance of your windows.
- Damage to Your Home: Improper installation could damage your property. If there are gaps or crevices that let in water or condensation, there is a high risk of water damage and mold growth. As a result, you will need to pay a lot of money for renovations for these issues.
- Poor Energy Efficiency: Just because you have high-quality glass, doesn’t mean you are maximizing the energy efficiency of your home. Quality materials require professional installation to ensure that you get the long-term benefits you desire.
If you want to avoid these common installation problems, you need to make sure to hire an experienced team to help with the installation of your windows.
Call a Window Expert
It might be tempting to save a little money with a DIY installation, but it isn’t worth the risk of problems. Instead of cutting corners, hire a contractor who offers the quality services you need. Not only will you have access to a wide range of high-quality windows, but you can also tap into their experience to choose the best solution for your family.
At Wisconsin Weatherall, we are working hard to deliver the best products in Brookfield and the surrounding neighborhoods. If you are interested in information about replacement windows in Brookfield, WI, visit our showroom at S28W31135 Wild Berry Ln Waukesha, WI 53188. Call today to schedule your complimentary consultation: (414) 305-2622.